Author Topic: Alt.Binz 0.39.15 isnt connecting application hangs every time  (Read 3693 times)

Offline arooter

• Contributor
Alt.Binz 0.39.15 isnt connecting application hangs every time
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:39:24 PM »
Hi,
i have Alt.Binz 0.39.15 and it isnt connecting propper or not at all.
No Problem of the provider. Newsleecher works without any problem.

I add some stuff and after that i press the connect Button.
The application gets unresponsive, hangs every time. Sometimes it connects after 5 Minutes
somtimes i cant get a connect at all. If i start at the same time any other newsleecher they connect
within a second.
I was donating because i wanted to try out the passwort feature but i cant get connected 9/10 times.
I have 2 Newsserver with 30 connections. I am using ssl on port "5563". Removed everything and made the configuration again. But no improvement.
Anyworkaround?
Please help.
Thanks
arooter

Offline rtfmx9

• Contributor
Re: Alt.Binz 0.39.15 isnt connecting application hangs every time
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:54:39 AM »
Having same issue here as well/ Not connecting to provider. Tried 2 different ones and both keep retrying w/o success. Other internet on the same PC is unaffected. On startup, Altbinz also does "switching to another server" while trying to authenticate. Infinite loop. Behavior started 01/29 12:30am. Please fix!

Offline dacaid

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »
authentification server is fine, i just tried and have no problem so far

Those connection troubles are pretty often related to avast or firewall
if you have avast, uninstall it and test, avast's sandbox is a pain in the ass, use MSE instead
or try deactivating firewall and try again.

Offline arooter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:15 PM »
I am IT Professional. So i did a test without any firewall or Antivirus Software.
The interesting part ist, that the time to start gets a little faster if i start logging.
By default i switched off any log. But compared to other programs it takes very long to login.
And its not "normal" that the whole alt.binz window freezes after pressing the Connect Button.
Connecting should have no effect on the rest of the application.

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
The standard SSL port is 563, not 5563. In any case, try with fewer connections (3) to begin with & debug - 30 connections is overkill in most cases. Your Detailed Log will of course tell you what's happening with each of your connections. Continue to debug by trying different ports (443) & non-SSL ones too. This should help to narrow down the problem. Report any error codes here.

Note that the most annoying firewalls/AV don't really disable themselves fully when disabled - they have to be uninstalled to restore sanity.

Offline RosieWolf

• Contributor
  • REDNECK DISABLED VETERAN
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
The standard SSL port is 563, not 5563.

I use FastUsenet and it lists both ports for SSL.. 563 & 5563. :) just fyi.
Hugggggglez, TY, & God Bless. :)

Offline Notfall

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »
I experienced since two or three days problems to connect to XLned, I mean: no connect - unable to download.
Reading the above thread I disabled Avast - not connecting; I exempted the altbinz directory from beeing controlled by Avast - not connecting.
I uninstalled Avast and installed MSE - as recommended by dacaid - now altbinz is connecting.

However I see that some pgms have slowed down, probably due to use of MSE (which uses big amount of memory, by the way); I also don't feel too well depending on MS software.

Ain't there a way to get altbinz working with Avast?