Author Topic: When standard PAR2 file is corrupt, no further automated loading of PAR2s  (Read 4907 times)

Offline godmode

• Contributor
when every part of the post ist corrupt, including PAR2 files, even manual import doesn't recognize the remaining PAR2 parts.
So I have to start the QuickPar standalone prg. to fix the parts manually.

Is there no way of at least manual importing and checking the parts of the file an PAR2s, even if every part is a little bit corrupted but the rest of correction blocks are sufficient?

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
I need example via pm of such par2 files.

Offline bcabinz

• Contributor
Any update on this issue? I am having the same problem and using 0.39.9

Thanks

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Issue is fixed. However, just to confirm, you can send me examples of such par2 files via pm.

Offline Hellster

• Contributor
yeah i've been getting that quite a bit lately in 39.9, corrupt index par2 file would result in it not grabbing another par2 file and the post would also not be unrarred after download completion.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Guys, different usenet providers -> different results. Pack few of those par2 files, upload it somewhere and send me the link.

Offline Hellster

• Contributor
Ok Rdl.
Just an FYI, Easynews (highwinds) as primary server and Astraweb + Blocknews as backups.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Hellster, I think problem you're experiencing is different? Since small par2 file is usualy 1 part file and that part is missing -> you end up with no small par2 file and no par2 set loaded? Force unpausing of the next par2 file?

Offline Hellster

• Contributor
yeah, the index file contains no rar file data. I thought a few versions ago there was a fix added to alt.binz so that if it detected a corrupt/incomplete par index file it would automatically grab the next par2 file ? or am i wrong ? I remember when people were using a particular app to make pars it would create a corrupt/unusable index file, and alt.binz would detect it and grab the following par2 file.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:00:44 PM by Hellster »

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
yeah, the index file contains no rar file data. I thought a few versions ago there was a fix added to alt.binz so that if it detected a corrupt/incomplete par index file it would automatically grab the next par2 file ? or am i wrong ? I remember when people were using a particular app to make pars it would create a corrupt/unusable index file, and alt.binz would detect it and grab the following par2 file.
Yeah, you're right about that. But the question stands, do you end up with no small par2 file at all or just corrupt par2 file?

Offline Hellster

• Contributor
it grabs the par2 index file but it says it contains no file data when i open it in quickpar