Author Topic: v0.39.15 Global Search causes Crash  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Slinky

• Contributor
v0.39.15 Global Search causes Crash
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »
last few days, using the Global search has caused Alt.Binz to immediately stop responding, and when clicked on Win7 (64bit) asks the standard what to do and how to close it

This is getting annoying, individual search engines in each tab doesn't seem as bad, but there is a noticeable glitch each time you search where the whole app stutters, and if your downloading everything stops for a couple or more seconds.

Also, i have noticed when you first start Alt Binz, and then go into the tabs one at a time, all the adjustments you have made to the layout of things in the tool bar has a "fit" and re-adjusts to what you had previously selected, this too causes a stutter and pause in proceedings

The problem does not seem related to severs in use, as i've tested with three.

Could one of the search engine api's be causing things to lock up ?

Offline JasonC

• Contributor
Re: v0.39.15 Global Search causes Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:49:13 PM »
I had the same problem with version 39.1 today, upgraded to 39.15 and had the same problem so it is not just this version
wait started working again albeit slowly

Offline Slinky

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »
I found it, it's the "yabsee" selection in the search engine.

As soon as that one is enabled, Alt.Binz locks up on submission of the search, and that happens from inside the tab for yabsee too, also, the abort button has no affect, so it's not as if it's stuck busy, it looks as though the API is actually crashing the main app

Offline bifidus

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
Thank you Slinky for the temporary solution. Hope to seen a new alt.binz version soon with this fixed ;-)

Offline Slinky

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »
No problem, it actually looks like a yabse issue rather than Alt.Binz because their site seems down

Offline leechmaster

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:27:22 AM »
Obviously it's an alt.binz issue as it shouldn't behave like that when a search site goes down as they're bound to do.