Author Topic: 0.26.5 play meda while download weird behaviors  (Read 4962 times)

Offline cptr2

• Contributor
0.26.5 play meda while download weird behaviors
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:38:13 AM »
I have just started using alt.binz and think its absolutely great. For a long time i have been using other clients and always wished  of a way to start watching rared videos as there downloading. the play it while download seems to kinda work. there 3 things that i think dont quite work with it.

The first thing is that if you want to use the play it while it downloads it seems as though you have to press it right when the download starts. If you do it  midway though the download  it does not seem to work. May be because there is the beginning .rar file at the bottom of the que.

Another thing is whenever i seem to press the play when its in the middle of the download, it seems to cause the par checking to think everything after when you pressed the play as it download is corrupt. it seems that whenever the order of downloads are changed the par2 checking gets offset or something and starts to think everything is bad.

The last thing is that it seems that the .rar file that is usually the first file in the archive is never moved up in the que automatically. May be because the nzb file was grabbed though rss or that im trying to use the play as it now button after its gotten a few archives. I know there is a button for  moving par2, nfo and sfv files to the top of the que in the setting but what about the .rar files

Is it just me or  have other people had theses problems?

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 08:07:21 AM »
Try this:

1. Add to queue, then right-click, choose Play.  Check the files in the collection.  the .rar should now be sorted to the top.  If you start download, small PAR2 will not appear on PAR2 tab.  Player will launch after .rar is download.

2. Add to queue, don't do the above, then start download.  Small PAR2 will appear on PAR2 tab.  After a while, right-click and choose Play.  Check files in collection, .rar should now be moved to top, and will download when a thread is next free, so just wait a while and once it's done your player should launch.  The PAR2 checking is now suspended until download is complete.

3. If you want .rar to always be sorted to top regardless, check Setup > NZB #2 > Sort rars while importing.

-Hecks

Offline cptr2

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:00:07 AM »
None of those options worked. When I try the first way it changes the oder but the  .rar is still at the bottom.  The second way, the same thing happens. Both of those ways seem to  mess up the  checking to becues  after i click the play everything downloaded after that point comes up as all corrupt on the par2 tab yet the files fine. I think i know why its not  putting the .rar at the top. The .rar file always seems to be the last part in the sequence the arciver parts and  files have a number like 01/25 , 02/25 ect to 25/25 in there name. When I click the play button it orders them sequential by that number not caring what  type of file they are and the .rar is always the last one  like 25/25. In the NZB #2 tab there is no "Sort rars while importing", that must just be in the test build version your using. Also if there was an option i think it would would, however when you click the play  it would resort them and  put the beginning .rar and the end again.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:09:40 AM »
Proper sorting (for media playing) was implemented later so 0.25.0 doesn't have it. Collection used for playing doesn't go to PAR2 checking.

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:36:12 PM »
I need to remember to ask which version is being used :( Though there are, of course, no 'test' versions as such - just 0.25.0 (free) and after (requiring donation).

-Hecks

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »
Quote from: "Hecks"
I need to remember to ask which version is being used. :(

-Hecks

I'm not sure cptr2 knows what version he's using :)

Offline cptr2

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »
Doh, I fell stupid now, yeah im using 0.25.0 I pressed the check version button and thought that the 0.26.5 it showed was the version I had since i had just downloaded it, very misleading.

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 11:08:14 PM »
Quote from: "cptr2"
very misleading.

The version you're using is visible right at the top in the window title (also visible when minimized to taskbar).  The tooltip for the Version button says: "Check for new version."  If you have the latest version, it will read 'Current'; if not, the latest build number.

Now: take your time to explore Alt.binz a little more slowly, maybe pop a chill pill or two, and come by again if you have any more questions. :)

-Hecks