Author Topic: 0.26.5 undocked forms - again  (Read 3468 times)

Offline flipfooks

• Contributor
0.26.5 undocked forms - again
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:27:40 AM »
The problem as described in topic=1299 ("0.26.5 undocked forms") happens to me as well. Since then my carefully rearranged layout of all search specs in the top of the form is back to original.

Are you aware of that, RdL? I hope that will be fixed also?

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:37 AM »
I'm aware that docked/undocked state is not saved properly and that is fixed. Is there more problems? If yes, please describe it how to reproduce.

Offline flipfooks

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:09:07 PM »
It seems different from what I thougt first. After repositioning search specs (like Clear, Fav, Fetch, etc. in the docked Binsearch tab) the new layout is not always saved. After closing and restarting AltBinz I most of the times get an older layout of those tabs. However sometimes I get back my most recent layout. I can not find what triggers it.

It has nothing to do with undocking and re-docking, that was just a coincidence when it happened to me the first time.

On the other hand: undocking and closing again seems a work-around. I now change the layout of a docked tab, undock that tab (a random tab seems to work also, I believe), re-position an random item of the undocked tab and then close it. After a restart of AltBinz (and closing the unintentionally undocked tabs; I got 4 of them now) the docked tabs always have my own, latest layout.
Undocked tabs always automatically have their latest layout, it seems.

I hope this is clear enough?

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:42:16 PM »
Err, not helpful. But we'll see in next version if all is solved. Or test with download queue & par2 tabs. Those 2 shouldn't be affected with this bug.

Offline flipfooks

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »
I got the layout of the tabs as I like them now, i.e. an as good as possible comparable order and position of the search spec items on all tabs. I rather wait for a next version before any further experimenting.

Thanx for your quick responses anyhow!

Offline flipfooks

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
Yeah! With version 0.26.6 the docking/undocking problem is gone. Of course, because you promised that.
And: also the problem of not keeping my personal layout of the tabs is gone now.
Thanx again, RdL.

flipfooks