Author Topic: Pinned shortcut & focus  (Read 8289 times)

Offline paulbrannan

• Contributor
Pinned shortcut & focus
« on: March 20, 2011, 12:30:48 AM »
Brought this up before and still not behaving properly. On W7 with AB pinned to taskbar, click icon to bring main prog window forward does not work, other progs constantly steal focus - e.g, chrome, windows explorer, mediamonkey to name a few. Works just fine via shortcut in notification area though!

Ta

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Re: Pinned shortcut & focus
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
This is a tricky one. It happens to me also but it's not consistent. Once I've read this, I've tried to reproduce it with chrome and I was not beeing able to bring up altbinz infront 10 times in a row. Few minutes later it worked and wasn't able to reproduce bug.
I'll see what I can do.

Offline paulbrannan

• Contributor
Restore window from taskbar
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Not the first time I have raised this, but this is still not behaving properly. Desired behaviour would be I click on the taskbar shortcut and the main window comes to the foreground. What more than often happens instead is that it doesn't apear at all, or appears and then instantly minimizes to taskbar again.

This is using Windows 7 and behaviour is exhibited from desktop, or when a variety of progs are in the forground - chrome etc.

Click from notification area does work as expected.

Thanks

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Re: Restore window from taskbar
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »
And what exactly do you expect to accomplish by opening another thread for the same problem?

Offline paulbrannan

• Contributor
Re: Restore window from taskbar
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:49:01 PM »
Perhaps an update to resolve an obvious and long-standing bug

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:59:21 PM »
We'll see then if you're successful...

Offline paulbrannan

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 12:05:52 AM »
If you are in fact mindful of this thread (and the previous one on the same topic I opened), could I then perhaps get an ETA  on this as, or at least an affirmation that you will investigate this?

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »
Read my reply in original thread on why is this one hard to get.
Sure I'll investigate more - infact I already tried with no success. This bug affects me also. I also like to restore altbinz from pinned icon. It works 90% of the time.
However I just noticed if altbinz is minimized to taskbar and not tray, clicking with middle mouse button should restore altbinz but it doesn't in 10/10 times. So that one should be easy. However I'm affraid that it will not solve when it's minimized to tray.
No ETA on this.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
This one appears to be fully fixed. I expect confirmation on that after 0.38.2 release

Offline chewie4u

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »
Dunno if it's fully fixed.
This user (https://www.altbinz.net/forum/french-(francais)/probleme-version-0-38-2-et-3/ ) reports beeing unable to restore abz since 38.2. Seems like your 38.2 fix messes up with his docklet (rocketdock). I'll ask him to toy with his dock parameters.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
Dunno if it's fully fixed.
This user (https://www.altbinz.net/forum/french-(francais)/probleme-version-0-38-2-et-3/ ) reports beeing unable to restore abz since 38.2. Seems like your 38.2 fix messes up with his docklet (rocketdock). I'll ask him to toy with his dock parameters.
I've installed latest rocketdock, i've added altbinz to dock and I'm able to restore it with both minimize and tray.
So I need detailed steps what I need to do to reproduce problem.