Author Topic: RSS downloader stopped working  (Read 11787 times)

Offline fiddy

• Contributor
RSS downloader stopped working
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:18:07 AM »
I hate posting threads like this but its just weird - for ages now i've had the auto-downloading working no problems until recently i just noticed i wasnt getting any downloads automatically anymore .. Havent touched the settings in the software for ages so not sure whats going on ?

I did just noticed one of my filters is highlighted in green in the RSS window but hasnt added it to download ?

Any pointers much appreciated.
thx

Offline davidq666

• Contributor
  • Watashi Wa Ero Desu!
Re: RSS downloader stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:32:25 AM »
my guess would be somthing changed at the rss source. by the way which source are u useing?

Offline fiddy

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
actually i didnt think to go through the whole rss settings fresh .. will give it a try

I use NZBsRus

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
Your Log should show some information, too.  If stuff is highlghted in green and a .nzb file has been downloaded to your folder by Alt.Binz, but hasn't been imported to the queue, then open that .nzb in Notepad and check it for errors.  It most likely contains a server message in html which should point you to the problem.

Offline fiddy

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:50 PM »
Thx Hecks - excuse me but which nzb will give information (pls point me if its explained elsewhere) ?

The other weird thing is that when i manually try add to a queue from the RSS window, nothing happens - so i just tried that and checked the log - all it showed was this;

[24/09/2010 10:39:37 PM] [NZB] C:\AltBinz\nzb\\Sausages.S01E10.HDTV.XviD-FLATLiNE.nzb imported - 0 files
cheers
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:51:12 PM by Hecks »

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
So now use Notepad or any other text reader to open the file listed in your log file:

C:\AltBinz\nzb\Sausages.S01E10.HDTV.XviD-FLATLiNE.nzb

And report back what it contains.

Offline xalaros

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
i have the same problem in the last couple of days with nzbmatrix, it seems that the downloaded nzb files ar 0Kb. If i download the nzbs directly from the site everything seems fine.

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »
To repeat: can you open one of these files in Notepad. Are they blank, or is there some html? Note that the nzbmatrix API (if that's what Alt.Binz uses) has changed recently.

Offline boren

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 08:44:34 AM »
Same problem with nzbmatrix. Happened ~2 days ago or so, working fine, then nothing.

Contents of the nzb file, nothing: 0 bytes

Dir listing:

09/25/2010  03:26 PM                 0 <file>.nzb

Log (same as others):
[9/25/2010 3:26:50 PM] [NZB] <file>.nzb imported - 0 files

Using firefox to view the rss shows the enclosures.  Firefox shows:

[edited]

Clicking download.php downloads an nzb file which altbinz opens just fine.  The link for download.php is:

http://api.nzbmatrix.com/v1.1/download.php?id=741078&username=<username>&apikey=<my api key>

This help?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:18:43 PM by Hecks »

Offline xalaros

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
To repeat: can you open one of these files in Notepad. Are they blank, or is there some html? Note that the nzbmatrix API (if that's what Alt.Binz uses) has changed recently.

Files are empty no text or html and filesize 0kb

Offline wvnispen

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
I have the same issue. I found alot of 0kb file sin the nzb directory. When I click on the RSS feed and say download it doesn't add it to the queue nor place a file in the nzb directory.

I am also using nzbmatrix. I aksed them for help and they said I must paste the RSS link into explorer and if it shows it is an alt.binz issue.  When I "validate" the feed on their site I get errors though.
The error on nzbmatrix is :
----
Sorry
This feed does not validate.
      line 17, column 3: Undefined item element: cattext (50 occurrences) [help]
                   <cattext>tv.hd</cattext>
             ^
      line 18, column 3: Undefined item element: categoryid (50 occurrences) [help]
                   <categoryid>41</categoryid>
             ^
In addition, interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendation.
      line 511, column 1: Missing atom:link with rel="self" [help]
             </channel>
           ^
---

I guess it looks like malformed xml?

Wynand

Offline boren

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »

Asking on the nzbmatrix forum if anything changed, the answer came back:

we changed the RSS to use the correct API url rather than the redirect.

In essence nothing has changed.

I dont know how altbinz is coded to read the feed, maybe they dont like the URL.  Either way its a Altbinz issue.

So basically they changed things.  Sure shouldn't have broken anything, but it did.  ;D

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
When I "validate" the feed on their site I get errors though.
I guess it looks like malformed xml?

Wynand

No, it doesn't really need to validate, all those messages mean is that nzbmatrix is using elements that aren't in the RSS spec (they should do this using their own namespace, really), but that actually doesn't matter in this case.

The issue as pointed out by others is the new API dl link (which also broke SABnzbd). You'll need to wait for a fix in the next version for this. Hopefully since they're now versioning the API this won't break again (but I wouldn't hold your breath).

Or you could use the far better nzbs.org instead. I really don't understand the appeal of NZBMatrix myself.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:23:18 PM by Hecks »

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
Thanks to all for reporting this issue with NZBMatrix & RSS, I've moved it to Bugs now.

Offline fiddy

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
So now use Notepad or any other text reader to open the file listed in your log file:

C:\AltBinz\nzb\Sausages.S01E10.HDTV.XviD-FLATLiNE.nzb

And report back what it contains.

OK finally got around to it - first one i tried to add to queue from rss window gave me this in the nzb:

"Invalid link: #3"