Author Topic: Search for pull down goes upwards for NZBSearch and NZBIndex  (Read 8080 times)

Offline frantic ab

• Contributor
I just selected the new skin iMetal Dark and now the pull down for the search for doesn't go down but up
for the search engines NZBSearch and NZBIndex.

Of course this is about AB 0.36.1

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Re: Search for pull down goes upwards for NZBSearch and NZBIndex
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »
Fine here. Dropdown count?

Offline frantic ab

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:30:05 PM »
No, the list itself doesn't open downwards but upwards showing only a few old searches because the rest is disappearing out of the screen.
For the other search engines I have checked it works as expected opening the list downwards so that all previous searches are visible.

Eeh oops, dropdown is set to 50

Weird thing however is that when e.g. skin Windows 7 is used it works fine for those as well.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:33:08 PM by frantic ab »

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:35:27 AM »
v3.6.2 settings tested (not working with higher values set)

searchvisiblet=70
searchcount=70
GlobalSearchHistoryLimit=70
GlobalDropdownLimit=70

With highere than default values set the droplist does disappear out of top of the screen. Have been used to using altbinz with a drop list showing full list of 70 past searches without a vertical scroll bar. Which also meant having to quit edit config to delet searches and then restart to ahve 70 item on the screen (pre scrollbar in altbinz). Having a full drop list on screen is needed and useful for search, select and sort and more uses we use it for.

Having a full screen drop list with a vertical scroll bar would also allow us to have more than 70 past drop list searches for example. Then also we could increase still further to 100 or more past searches accesable using the scrollbar :)

[MPP: Drop List of past searches to be drop full screen height of screen from drop list radio selection (re 31.2 and previous altbinz). Fill screen in one Column scrollable list from the drop list control button.]

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:21:43 AM »
There has been a suggestion to lower the value in..

Setup - User Interface #2 - Global Search History Limit

Problem is that i need 70 items for the history list. I use it to remember and recall by selecting when need to search for them.

Of course i could mention a tweak for this no scroll bar upto 70 items, then scroll bar appears for any over 70. But won't mention this as primary concern is for a fix to this bug.

I can use altbinz but cannot search for what i need without havingthe list to view at full screen height from the search drop list button.

I won't mention any previous versions that this was never an issue with. Since i know it shouldn't be an issue with any current altbinz for this.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
"Fix" is to lower Dropdown limit not search history limit.
There is no bug here. Certain skins have different item height so same dropdown limit wont work for all skins.

So, pick a skin, find dropdown limit which works for you and stick with it.

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
Rdl you're correct though the most i can set is 35 which is half of the 70 i normaly have set. This i see because each item is seperated by an empty line. It's eitherby design or a bug with the skins, as a customer you could inform them of this bug. Since it make no sense to have a skin like this, a bug that has gone unoticed.

For others reading that need to change this with altbinz 'Setup - User Interface #2'

With altbinz v3.62 the value box to change is the one to the right of the 'Global History Limit'

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
Rdl you're correct though the most i can set is 35 which is half of the 70 i normaly have set. This i see because each item is seperated by an empty line. It's eitherby design or a bug with the skins, as a customer you could inform them of this bug. Since it make no sense to have a skin like this, a bug that has gone unoticed.

For others reading that need to change this with altbinz 'Setup - User Interface #2'

With altbinz v3.62 the value box to change is the one to the right of the 'Global History Limit'
And what is the skin in question? All this talk and I still don't know which skin it is.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »

I want the screenshot of skin where you can set 70 and the screenshot where you can set 35 (due to "empty line")
Same screen resolution, altbinz maximized and same search tab

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
Reason i didn't mention of which version this was with, as it was v32.1 and previous versions that allowed for 70. We all know their is a difference now between v32.1 and v36.2 new skins, so maybe no point in posting the pictures. It is 34 on the drop list now since i have search bar normaly moved down a bar/line.

If still need some pictures at same resolution and screen position. I could do this using Paint.NET i can post them here or in a pm to you. Since is v32.1 and v36.2 and such pictures maybe not relevant to forum now.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
I still don't know your screen resolution and I still don't know what skin are you using.
I would still like to see screenshot of 70 items visible on dropdown.

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 03:06:05 AM »
PM sent

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »
Thank You RDL with 37.3 this has been fixed :)

Noted for adjustment..

Setup - User Interface #2 - Global Search History Limit   (Max is only 100 would be nice for 200. Will have a look to see if can change via config)

Setup - User Interface #2 - Username  (undescriptive title 'username')
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:41:49 PM by zoned »

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »
Actualy i wrote to soon, didn't notice straight away. There is a problem, something is wrong with the list keeping 100 items after a search.

Setup
Global history limit 100
username (misnamed GlobalDropdownLimit . set to 45)

Config
SearchEngine searchcount=100
SearchEngine searchvisiblet=100
(the above i have set to all search engines)

GlobalSearchHistoryLimit=100
GlobalDropdownLimit=45

When i open altbinz all is ok and list extend the screen height downwards, and scroll of history working. Next i do a search and after all past history is gone and only remain is 45 items on history list. Another search and bumps the list downwards (new search added then 44th becomes the 45th on the list, old 45th is disappears).

I made a another backup of config as when close altbinz the list is shortened to 45 items only. Seems to having a problem with knowing and remembering 100 items on the list.

btw the list wasn't full (100 items) there is about 80 or so on it.

Have tried altering config and setup, doesn't seem to take so works as it should.

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »
Separate searchengine history & dropdown limits are no longer used, only globals.

You are right, those 2 were mixed up in function responsible for keeping search history limit.
Fixed now.