Author Topic: File Association  (Read 4706 times)

Offline noons

• Contributor
File Association
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
Well just switched over to vista x64 w/sp1 and configured alt.binz however I can not set it to associate with .nzb files. Even if I use the open with function and will not open with alt.binz. I also went to the extension configuration page and even there I could not associate nzb files with alt.binz.

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
Re: File Association
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »
So this doesn't work at all?

Start > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program > .nzb extension > browse for Alt.Binz

Offline noons

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
Exactly it will not associate at all. I pick altbinz from the list and then click okay and it just goes back to the same screen leaving no association. The setting within altbinz also did not change the association.

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
Strange.  Funnily enough, networkn had this problem yesterday, and managed to solve it.  Perhaps pm him?  Or look for him in #alt.binz @ efnet.

Offline noons

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
Found the fix!! It automatically associated itself with an application so you need to actually delete the association from any application then restart. Once you restart you will see the .nzb will have a blank icon. Double click the icon and you should be able to see alt.binz on the list of suitable applications. Odd bug..

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
Good to hear it's been resolved. :)