Author Topic: uncomplete Download  (Read 2223 times)

Offline TheSeb

• Contributor
uncomplete Download
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »
Hi,

I´ve used AltBinz to download large Data (50GB) and had no par2 data set.
After using SABnzbd I had the complete Data.

Can this be adjusted?

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
Re: uncomplete Download
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »
What exactly is it that you're asking for? You're going to need to explain your issue in more detail ;)

Offline TheSeb

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »
i´m sorry, was in a kind of rush. :)

I downloaded the complete Movie "The Sausage" as a Floppy disc.
The download should contain par2 files, wich I needed to repair the downloaded Rar files.

My problem was, that AltBinz didn´t download the par2 files.
I had to use SABnzbd and download the whole movie again - in this case the par2 files were completely included.

Now my question is:
is it possible to adjust AltBinz that it downloads the complete files - including the par2?
I do hope there is some button I can punch in the options and solve this problem.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:03:34 PM by Hecks »

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:02:55 PM »
Alt.Binz automatically pauses all but the small par2 file if so configured in Setup > NZB#2 > 'Import as paused', and if you have Setup > Par2 correctly configured it will only unpause the par2 files it needs to complete a repair when one is needed. This is A Good Thing. The small par2 must always be downloaded for Par2 checking and unraring to work at all, though, so never pause this one.

If for some reason you want to download the whole par2 set (there aren't many reasons to do so) make sure they're not paused automatically on import, or unpause them manually in the queue.

If your NZB just doesn't contain any par2 files whether paused or not, well that's a different issue :) Also you really didn't need to download all 50GB again ...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:08:41 PM by Hecks »