Author Topic: Would like to be able to adjust how long Scheduler pauses downloading  (Read 2394 times)

Offline UNfiend3

• Contributor
At the moment (Alt.Binz 0.39.14), when Scheduler is enabled and you click Pause, after 30 seconds, Scheduler overrides Pause and downloading starts again.

My Request: I would like to be able to adjust how long Pause lasts when Scheduler is enabled.

The only way to have a Pause longer than 30 seconds is to disable Scheduler, then re-enable it when you are finished Pausing.

WHY? I have the top ADSL1, nominally 8 Mbps (1 MB/s but in practice about 740 kB/s MAX) but usually much worse than that during the day. Even with Scheduler set to use just 200 kB/s, I find it degrades normal web-browsing so much etc. that I have to Pause downloading for a period, usually much longer than 30 seconds, to be able to do what I want.

Anyway, here's hoping and TIA...

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Re: Would like to be able to adjust how long Scheduler pauses downloading
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
That option already exists -> Pause for dropdown menu next to pause button. It overrides scheduler.

Offline zoned

• Contributor
Re: Would like to be able to adjust how long Scheduler pauses downloading
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
For web browsing you could also use the speed limiter from AltBinz tray icon set to 80% or what is best for you.