Author Topic: Astra 96$ - 1 year  (Read 10529 times)

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Astra 96$ - 1 year
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »
Code: [Select]
Unlimited DSL - US$ 96 every year

# Works out to be $8/month
  # No Speed Limits
  # No Speed Limits
  # 20 Connections
  # Exactly the same as Unlimited DSL Plan
  # You will pay $96 every year as long as your subscription remains active. We will not raise the price.

* This is a SPECIAL offer. Available for 2 weeks only! Offer expires 18 July 2009

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/96-yearly.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:04:19 PM by Rdl »

Offline dacaid

• Contributor
Re: Astra 96$ - 1 year
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »
Thx for the info

I'll have my 100Mb fiber connection in the next months, hope astraweb "unlimited speed" won't suffer too much :D

Offline grogert

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
Yeah 100 mbit works fine at astraweb. But I'm wondering what they need the high amount of money for so suddenly  ???. But 68 euro for a year of usenet is extremely cheap. Maybe I'll bite.

Offline nO_oB

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 12:18:57 AM »
I am frustrated that Astra asks me for a credit card. I am from Germany and credit cards are very unusal here. It allows me to buy the pay-per-download-plan, but neither the recurring 11U$ nor the 96U$-offer works without a credit card.  :-\ And Astra's help desk wasn't helping much either, they told me to:

"If you would like to upgrade your account, please signup again for your new account on our website for the special:

http://www.news.astraweb.com/special
or: http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/96-yearly.html

When prompted for your username/password, do not proceed. Instead, email us your new order number and username and we will convert your account. A pro-rated refund will be issued on your previous order.

At the very top there is an option for you to pay using your paypal account. It says "Pay Quickly With PayPal. It’s free and private: Learn more". Click that and the page will change to request for your username/password."

Can someone please paraphrase this for me? Or do I absolutly need a credit card?

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 12:58:21 AM »
I paid with Paypal, no credit/debit card needed.  Basically, you buy a new $96/year option, after it goes through Paypal you're sent to a screen where you can enter an existing Astraweb username & pass (to top up credit) or create a new one.  You'll also see your Paypal transaction ID.  DON'T fill in these fields, just open a support ticket with Astraweb (or email) and ask for your account to be upgraded, quoting the username and transaction ID.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:00:40 AM by Hecks »

Offline nO_oB

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:20:15 AM »
I paid with Paypal, no credit/debit card needed.

Did you have enough money on the paypal account? I mean, my is always at 0€, as I expect that what I pay via paypal gets charged from my account. This could be a different approach I could try -- transmit the money to paypal and then trying to pay.

Basically, you buy a new $96/year option, after it goes through Paypal you're sent to a screen where you can enter an existing Astraweb username & pass (to top up credit) or create a new one.  You'll also see your Paypal transaction ID.  DON'T fill in these fields, just open a support ticket with Astraweb (or email) and ask for your account to be upgraded, quoting the username and transaction ID.

OK, I wanted to do that. The problem is, that after I log in paypal says -- argh -- now I am reading it, on the log in screen: "Abonnementzahlungen können nur über Kreditkarte gebucht werden."  :-[  :-\

No wonder afterwards I get: "Sie müssen eine Kreditkarte hinzufügen, um den Einkauf abzuschließen. Der Verkäufer akzeptiert ausschließlich Sofortzahlungen."

Still very strange that it worked for you.

Offline nO_oB

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:30:50 AM »
Well it seems like I need a credit card, this seems to be a German problem ^^ It's kind of strange that I only get 3 hits when searching google for it, though.

This one exactly had my problem: http://www.muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=21160

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 02:41:39 AM »
My Paypal is a verified account, maybe that makes the difference.

Offline al3x

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 02:54:42 AM »
Well it seems like I need a credit card, this seems to be a German problem ^^

Same here. I had to include my credit card first. That's a restriction Paypal chose for Germany.

If you don't have any credit card yet I recommend the Amazon.de credit card.
That's what I'm using now too. First year is for free, after that it's 19,99 EUR a year. And you get 20 EUR for free to use at amazon.de.

Offline cr4zyfr4g

• Global Moderator
  • German n00b
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
you can also try wirecard. there is a 1Eur cost whenever you put monrey on your wirecard acciunt but othern than that there are no costs

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
Germany sucks. :P Move to the Netherlands already, Gompy is waiting for you. :D

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 07:41:40 PM »
Plenty of room under the dish :)

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 11:05:18 PM »
And lots of missing articles currently on Astra.

Offline nO_oB

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »

Well, well, we talk again when the sea-level rises ;)

Offline nO_oB

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:46 PM »
you can also try wirecard. there is a 1Eur cost whenever you put monrey on your wirecard acciunt but othern than that there are no costs

Thank you. I tried wirecard and did the trick :) Only thing that yet has to happen now is that those guys convert my account and me getting a 30MBit/s-line. Yeah!  8)