Author Topic: Why the delay between addition to Usenet and Indexing?  (Read 5224 times)

abc123

Why the delay between addition to Usenet and Indexing?
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »
Hi,

With RapidShare and such I'm used to releases being up within 30 mins of being pre'd...

With Usenet there seems to be a huge delay of like 5 hours between the release of a show and then it's index. Take for example:

[edited]

Code: [Select]
Added To Usenet:  10/Dec/2009 7:16:38 AM GMT, 6 hr (ago)
Added To Index:  10/Dec/2009 12:11:34 PM GMT, 1 hr (ago)

This was from NZBMatrix apparently the best indexing site...So my question is are there any indexing sites, which you pay for if need be, that have a delay of max 20 minutes between upped to the newsgroup and it being announced?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:19:27 AM by Hecks »

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
Re: Why the delay between addition to Usenet and Indexing?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:21:38 AM »
Please remember that this is an open forum.

As for your question: NZBMatrix certainly isn't the best indexer.  Use one of Alt.Binz integrated search engines for closer to realtime indexing (there are always limits).  Shop around, there are gazillions of indexing sites, some relying on user posts like NZBMatrix, some automated like Binsearch.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:23:23 AM by Hecks »

Offline dacaid

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »
Indexing takes ressources and time.

Get a usenet group explorer and try to refresh a.b.boneless... it'll take minutes.
Try to refresh every group....it will take hours

Indexing sites refresh as fast and as often as they can every group, then index the results in a database.

I hope i was clear in my explanation :)

abc123

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »
Sorry for posting the release name Hecks  :'( Forgot about that. Thanks for the info guys. Will try that!