Author Topic: Need new Provider  (Read 12745 times)

Offline Dudedrood

• Contributor
Need new Provider
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »
Hi there,

due to many "Article not found" resp. some DCMA Stuff my prior two Providers (Newshosting & Astraweb) are letting me down at the Moment.

Do you know any viable alternative with good Rentention, and aceptable conditions? (im fine with ~20$ per Month, if its unlimited Speed and Volume)

TIA

Dude

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
Re: Need new Provider
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
I am in the process of testing new provider. So far all is good  :D

Offline DariusIII

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
Which provider is it? Anyway, one way or another, they will all need to comply with the stupid DMCA. Maybe they won't right now, but any news provider will be threatened if they do not, sooner or later, unfortunately.

Offline willhouse

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:11:02 PM »
Which provider is it? Anyway, one way or another, they will all need to comply with the stupid DMCA. Maybe they won't right now, but any news provider will be threatened if they do not, sooner or later, unfortunately.
Yah, but it seems like Astraweb is the quickest to comply with DCMA takedowns (especially for UFC releases). They admitted that they the process of takedowns is automated. Apparently some Euro providers at least take longer in complying with some DCMAs....hopefully Rdl will let us know which one he's testing :)

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:24:15 PM »
Looks like this one, Sunnyusenet, started with DCMA takedowns :(
At least it's cheaper then astra...

Offline CandyFace

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »
I was using sunnyusenet but they removed paypal and cc so i had to move :S

but i found a new provider which i think is good.
Code: [Select]
https://www.thecubenet.com/

Offline willhouse

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 02:34:58 AM »

Seems like they're a Highwinds reseller so they'll definitely be hit by DCMAs. Although like DariusIII said above, every provider will be effected. I'm just trying to find one that is slower to respond to takedowns..

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »
There is at least one provider that isn't hit by DMCA takedowns.

Keep looking... :)

Offline al3x

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
There is at least one provider that isn't hit by DMCA takedowns.

Keep looking... :)

Well.. there was. It was TweakNews.eu and they started taking down articles today :(

Offline CandyFace

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

Seems like they're a Highwinds reseller so they'll definitely be hit by DCMAs. Although like DariusIII said above, every provider will be effected. I'm just trying to find one that is slower to respond to takedowns..

i can say that every time i check my latest tv series and stuff from thecubenet it's down or at least 50%< files are, and im grabbing only a couple of hours after it's online.
they're fast :(..

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 06:12:25 PM »

Offline criten

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 07:19:05 AM »
Well.. there was. It was TweakNews.eu and they started taking down articles today :(

Really? I just started using these guys on a trial account because Astraweb were causing me problems. Have you got any further info?

Offline spamwerbung

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:11 PM »
Please read here to know why so many usenet providers start with take-downs recently too:
http://www.ngprovider.com/euro-based-usenet-providers.php

You simply have to stop looking for clear headers such as "my favorite series season xx episode xx", "my favorite movie" or "stuff i want". This will fail for the most recent stuff except it's stuff the major label don't care about or the label has not enough power to prosecute illegal copies efficiently. You need to look for "sfkfbdsfyweufbds" which is then the movie you are looking for. Search for boards or usenet groups that tell you what is behind headers such as "sfkfbdsfyweufbds" and you can use any usenet provider, even Astra.

Offline zoned

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 07:56:25 PM »
You need to look for "sfkfbdsfyweufbds" which is then the movie you are looking for. Search for boards or usenet groups that tell you what is behind headers such as "sfkfbdsfyweufbds" and you can use any usenet provider, even Astra.
Where many of those are now also bad even the recent ones

Offline spamwerbung

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
I don't have problems. Probably, you need to search for different sources as yours are obviously already infiltrated and monitored, so new postings are quickly found and reported. I don't know. Maybe try different, more reliable sources.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:07:45 PM by spamwerbung »