Author Topic: Usenetworld.net  (Read 5127 times)

Offline EyeBaller

• Contributor
Usenetworld.net
« on: April 18, 2009, 07:03:56 AM »
Anyone have any experience with http://usenetworld.net/?

They have a special for $19.95 for 12 months. 110 days retention.

That + Astraweb 120gb block should be enough for me.. and cheaper than the $11 a month.

Zeikzeil

Re: Usenetworld.net
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »
Never heard of them before but according to their website you get a free copy of NewsRover and 12 months unlimited access fro $19.95. Every 50th subscriber gets a free Ipod Touch. They have 19 servers around the globe.
Sounds like something isn't right there to me. How the hell are they ever gonna make any money with those prices? As I said I've never heard of them but I definitely wouldn't believe that kind of deal.

bdillz

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:13:53 AM »
I used them for a while. They were using a web based software of some sort, but also offered newsreader access. It was Newshosting Unlimited service. But about 2 months ago, my account stopped working. So I'm not sure what's up

Offline EyeBaller

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 05:33:05 AM »
I used them for a while. They were using a web based software of some sort, but also offered newsreader access. It was Newshosting Unlimited service. But about 2 months ago, my account stopped working. So I'm not sure what's up

This thread I started @ FST may share some light on this with feedback from people who signed up with them:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-usenetworldnet-346563

Basically it seems as though usenetworld are "reselling" PERSONAL newshosting accounts since they allow multiple IP connections. I would guess newshosting detected your account as being shared and canceled it.

Darth Tyranus

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »
With an account of UsenetWorld.net you can access to NewsHosting's Control Panel. Both UsenetWorld.net as NewsHosting bring in all this shady business as count. Something very rare and of dubious legality.