Author Topic: Using Netherlands server in the US?  (Read 9366 times)

Offline thevaik

• Contributor
Using Netherlands server in the US?
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »
as lot of US servers have been deleting certain posts, is it possible to use a Netherlands server (XLned.nl or easyusenet.nl) in the US and has anyone had experience doing so?

Offline Gompy

• Contributor
  • Old Geezer
Re: Using Netherlands server in the US?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »
Maybe you try this one:

http://www.eweka.nl/en/vraag_en_antwoord//

One of the oldest and best in the Netherlands...
Up to 1091 Days of Retention
Account sharing possible.

Using this server for many many years

Offline opentoe

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »
Maybe you try this one:

http://www.eweka.nl/en/vraag_en_antwoord//

One of the oldest and best in the Netherlands...
Up to 1091 Days of Retention
Account sharing possible.

Using this server for many many years

This still a good place for a US person to use?

Offline Fraslo

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »
Eweka has a lot of missing/removed files, really not recommended anymore.
Even XSNews seems to remove content sometimes... (But much less compared to Eweka)
For me TweakNews seems to be the most complete dutch provider at this moment with 1100 days retention. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:11:43 PM by Fraslo »

Offline opentoe

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Eweka has a lot of missing/removed files, really not recommended anymore.
Even XSNews seems to remove content sometimes... (But much less compared to Eweka)
For me TweakNews seems to be the most complete dutch provider at this moment with 1100 days retention. :)

Is Tweak on the same level as Supernews and Giganews? For 50Mbit speed and unlimited downloads they want $10/month for a year. On Supernews I pay $8.95/month for the year and have unlimited downloads and speed.

Offline Fraslo

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »
I don't know how tweak compares with Supernews or Giganews, I have never used them... (Supernews seems to be a sister company of Giganews, they probably share the same servers/content.)
Tweak has an Unlimited subscription for €108.78 a year. ($12/month)

You could also create a free trial account first (10days,10gb,20mbit) and see if you like it. ;)

Offline Rdl

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
I'll just leave this here with note that he who has as much backups from the right side wins :)

Offline opentoe

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »
I don't know how tweak compares with Supernews or Giganews, I have never used them... (Supernews seems to be a sister company of Giganews, they probably share the same servers/content.)
Tweak has an Unlimited subscription for €108.78 a year. ($12/month)

You could also create a free trial account first (10days,10gb,20mbit) and see if you like it. ;)

I signed up for the Tweaknews trial but the speeds were so slow it wouldn't be feasible for me to go with them. Their trial gives you 20Mbit speed (on paper) and I was only able to pull down 1Mbit total with all active connections.

Offline Fraslo

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
Ok, that's a shame! :o Lucky for you that you created a trial account first before signing up. :)
Tweak is working perfect for me at max speed, but I do live in The Netherlands...

The image of Rdl is useful for finding alternatives...
You could create test accounts at XLNews/XLNed/HitNews and try them, but they only have a retention of +-900 days... (Maybe combine it with an astra/giga block account for the old stuff, or use a dutch block account for backup for an US provider)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:04:08 AM by Fraslo »

Offline CandyFace

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:17 AM »
I would suggest people to stay away from highwinds resellers because they are having insanely amount of DMCA

i have been using extremeusenet.nl for 3 months now and haven't seen a single takedown yet.

Offline Tim

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »
I would suggest people to stay away from highwinds resellers because they are having insanely amount of DMCA

i have been using extremeusenet.nl for 3 months now and haven't seen a single takedown yet.

Wish there was a different ways to pay other than just one for the United States. Ever time I use my credit card it fails. Works everywhere else.