Author Topic: Unrar only works with .rar files (not e.g. .r01)  (Read 2524 times)

Skar

Unrar only works with .rar files (not e.g. .r01)
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:52 PM »
Hello,

first of all big thx for such a nice program for non-coding-able people like me.

Now to my question:

Unrar works fine for me so far, but only with archives that are exactly names .rar at the end. This means it works for multiple archives where the first one is .rar and the following are named .r0xand so on. It also works for archives named .part0x.rar and so on, but when the archives series start with .r01 or .r00 it doesnt work. Is that working as intended or a failure on my PC?

thx in advance
Skar

Offline davidq666

• Contributor
  • Watashi Wa Ero Desu!
Re: Unrar only works with .rar files (not e.g. .r01)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:50:28 AM »
Hello,

first of all big thx for such a nice program for non-coding-able people like me.

Now to my question:

Unrar works fine for me so far, but only with archives that are exactly names .rar at the end. This means it works for multiple archives where the first one is .rar and the following are named .r0xand so on. It also works for archives named .part0x.rar and so on, but when the archives series start with .r01 or .r00 it doesnt work. Is that working as intended or a failure on my PC?

thx in advance
Skar

it should be working for r01 aswell, the key is having a par2 file included in the collection, because it's necessary for par check, repair and unrar.