Author Topic: Load Balancing / Multiple Connections on same News Provider  (Read 2919 times)

ez_cashman

I have 2 Internet connections/cable modems at my home.  Both are part of the same ISP (optimum online) & both have totally separate IP addresses.
Both connections are behind routers (192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2 respectively).  I have my computer which is connected to both networks.  One connection is through Ethernet, the other through wireless.

My problem is that I would like to be able to connect to my ISP's news server (which only allows 2 simultaneous threads per IP address) on both of my Internet connections at the same time (a total of 4 simultaneous threads on same news provider at the same time), thus maximizing my downloading capabilities.

I attempted to use the route command in windows XP to solve the problem (see below):
route add <server 1 ip> <router 1 ip> /p
route add <server 2 ip> <router 2 ip> /p

This solution would work I suppose, however there is only 1 server IP address and this would not work in this scenario.
I've run out of ideas on how to accomplish this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.