From Altbinz Wiki
- If you are new to usenet take a look at http://www.altbinz.net/forum/index.php?topic=523.0 and our Quickstartguide: http://www.altbinz.net/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide
- The first thing you should do, if you have problems is to look at your Log tab. Most problems are easy to solve after reading what it says!
- If you don't find a solution to your problem here post a topic in http://www.altbinz.net/forum/index.php?board=5.0
- 1 I cannot connect to my server
- 2 My files are stuck with status "decoding". What can i do?
- 3 I want to download from Usenet using my ISP's usenet sever and it doesn't work
- 4 My Provider does carry binaries but I can't download them with Alt.Binz
- 5 I can't download headers with Alt.Binz and can only see the groups
I cannot connect to my server
- Make sure you have set everything right in setup->server
- Make sure username and password are correct
- Don't forget to press "apply" after you cnhages settings and then reconnect
My files are stuck with status "decoding". What can i do?
- Your files are probably stuck there because the whole path is too long (that is a Windows restriction)
- There should be an error message in your log telling that
- Solution and how to avoid that:
- Change the download path from that collection to a shorter one (e.g: c:\Download) and restart Alt.Binz
- Decoding should start now
- Avoid long NZB names and use a shorter path for your default download location like c:\download
I want to download from Usenet using my ISP's usenet sever and it doesn't work
- You probably have an error message like "Status code: 430: No such article" in your log
- Try the solution from the next part and if that doesn't help, your ISP probably doesn't carry binaries
- You find some payservers in our forum here: http://www.altbinz.net/forum/index.php?board=10.0
My Provider does carry binaries but I can't download them with Alt.Binz
- You probably have an error message in your log like "Status code:412" or "Status code: 0"
- Try playing with "Select group" and "ARTICLE cmd" settings in Setup->Server
- Don't forget to press "Apply"
- Reconnect to your server
I can't download headers with Alt.Binz and can only see the groups
- That is correct ;)
- you can select a group in almost every search tab and press browse or search for "*"