Author Topic: Donation.  (Read 9149 times)

Ivanhoe

Donation.
« on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:30 AM »
Hello All,
              My first post but don't worry i've been using various programs like Xnews/Grabbit/Agent/Newsleecher and IMHO this program knocks them all for SIX.
To show my appreciation to the author(s) i would like to make a donation.
What are the procedures for donating?

Sc0tTy

Donation.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:49:03 AM »
we are currently working on that  :) you'll see it appear on the site soon

Offline ESM

• Contributor
Re: Donation.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »
It's one and a half years ago that the thinking process was already under way. Anything has come up?

Offline cr4zyfr4g

• Global Moderator
  • German n00b
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:15:15 PM »
Are you serious? ;)

you can donate via Paypal since september last year, to do that go to the main site (www.altbinz.net) and click "donate" or click donate in the version 0.25.0.

I quote from the main page:

Alt.Binz 0.25.0 is the last release available to public. It's freeware. You can use it for free as long as you like.

However, if you think this software is valuable and you want to support it through monetary donations, you are encouraged to do so. By donating you will help the development going. Also you will gain access to future versions of Alt.Binz and you will be able to make feature request that you would like to see in upcoming versions.

Please donate an amount that you think Alt.Binz is worthy by clicking on the Donate button. You will be taken to PayPal site. Make sure you fill out your forum username in Comment box. All online transactions are safe and secured.

Thanks

Newest Version is 0.28.1

Offline ESM

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:57:42 PM »
It was quite a thing to find the damn thing through search.. a lot of donation threads. It was a fun read :) I tried to make a donation but it fell through and I have to try again a a week or so Paypal told me... so I will do that.

Offline just-crosby

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »
Ive just downloaded Alt. Binz (after reading about the program on a forum) I'm running the program for the first time and I must say at this early stage I like this program.

Ive made a small donation, and I will be more then happy to donate further amounts after I have used alt.Binz for a short while.

Keep up the good work

Offline jcarter

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 12:59:56 AM »
Indeed its a great program and i have been using it for some time now, and has been working flawlessly, only recently had i started playing around and noticed the RSS feature, which works brilliantly so Finally got around to donating, hopefully can contribute further in the future aswell.

Offline KouweZakkie

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »
I absolutely loved the 0.25 version! I am actually thrilled to be able to give the newer version a ride tomorrow... All giddy, this is kid stuff!

:)

Keep up the good work! See you all around in here if I get some time on hands for a change...

KouweZakkie

Offline pearlybaker

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 02:14:41 AM »
I made a donation and it was refunded - is there a minimum? I gave a couple bucks to get the latest - if I like I'll probably continue to donate. What's up with donations being refused?

Offline JohnA

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 03:39:46 AM »
Same here - I sent a small amount for the binsearch capability not present in the free version.  If .28 works fine, I will be happy to increase the amount.
-- John

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »
It's not a try-before-you-buy scheme - or rather, 0.25.0 should have given you all the info you'll ever need about whether Alt.Binz is the right program for you.  As the popup suggests, donate what you think the program is worth to you (compare it with similar programs).  If you don't think it's worth much at all, the developer has the right to refuse your donation and wave you on your way, allowing you to enjoy the free version for as long as you want.

As there has been endless discussion about this elsewhere in the forum, there's no need to repeat the same old same old here.

Offline JohnA

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »

As there has been endless discussion about this elsewhere in the forum, there's no need to repeat the same old same old here.

I agree and apologize for not reading before posting... I just signed onto this forum.  I think the author is clearly doing what he thinks is right and that alt.binz is a great product.  I would like to donate $30.00 if it is accepted...

-- John

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 07:39:43 PM by JohnA »

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 06:23:36 PM »

[deleted - blah bah]

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:15:32 PM by Hecks »

Offline Hecks

• Contributor
  • naughty cop
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 06:45:40 PM »
If anyone else has given up on Alt.Binz completely, maybe one of these proggies would be better suited to you:

Newsleecher & SuperSearch ($29.99 per year)
https://newsleecher.com/?id=buy

Newsbin Pro with Internet Search ($40 lifetime upgrades + $5/month for Internet Search)
http://www.newsbin.com/users/signup.php?&price_group=2&product_id=1

Newsrover ($29.95 lifetime registration plus sales tax)
http://www.newsrover.com/order.htm

Ultraleecher & UltraSearch ($19.95 single license + yearly extra for search, I'd tell you what price but that page ain't workin)
http://www.ultraleecher.com/cms/index.php

Forte Agent ($29.00 single license)
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/upgrade.php

Grabit & Grabit Search ($24.99 per year)
http://www.shemes.com/index.php?p=usenetservice&act=order

NewsReactor ($20 registration)
http://www.daansystems.com/newsreactor/

Most have free trial versions, too.  Maybe they'll give you a free version indefinitely in return for a token amount until you decide you like it and pay full price - who knows, it's always worth asking.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 07:55:58 PM by Hecks »

Daedalus21

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »
Just to clarify, I believe Grabit itself is actually free and you pay for the search. Another good one that was not mentioned is SABNZBD plus. It is still free too. Generally speaking, the free choices or the one time pay choices (like AltBinz or Newsbin) are better values. Having said that, I don't blame people for questioning "donations", where it is sort of up in the air, rather than doing business in the usual way. I vaguely recall there was some sort of banking issue? At any rate, it is the way it is. Personally, I still use 25.0 in its diminished capacity. It is probably better for the free index sites not to bypass their adds anyway. It seems clear they don't really want you doing that IMHO.